Founded in 1947, Olicana has evolved into a specialist provider of tubular metal products. We produce a high quality service and supply parts to a number of different industries. We also have a powder coating facility onsite.
Olicana is often asked by customers to provide complete product solutions. This will include providing all associated products and the finishing of the product for example high quality chrome plating.
Olicana's expertise extends into plastic injection moulding and pressed componentry.
Economic tooling costs and short development and production leadtimes allow product to be fully appraised before proceeding with production volumes.
We include a Design Studio on the website which allows product designers to select from standard tube sections (whether round, square, rectangular, or flat sided oval tubes). The Design Studio shows the standard parameters required in order to achieve their required designs by bending tube. It clarifies what bend radius is applicable to a specific tube size and determines the minimum distance between bends.
Other specific needs can be achieved with special tooling.
Facilities at Olicana include:
- Full design and prototyping service.
- Tube manipulation 9.5mm diameter to 50.8mm diameter.
- Swaging, Piercing, Notching, Punching and Laser Cutting.
- Presswork up to 100 tonnes, includes roll feed and parts ejection monitor.
- Welding (MIG, TIG), Brazing, Soldering, Adhesive Bonding.
- Rivetting (inserts and sub assemblies).
- Injection Moulding (plastics).
- Product Finishing (Epoxy powder coat, Chrome Plating, Bright Zinc Plating).
Materials include ferrous and non ferrous metals. Pre-galvanised and flo-coated mild steels are also commonly used.